Hello my name is Catherine and this is my blog. And contrary to what photographic evidence might suggest, I am not currently writing this from inside a shark.
I’ve never been really good at writing about myself, but I’ll give it a go anyway. I’m a 25 year old writer/web person from New Zealand with a love of YA, vampires and comic books and a dislike of pineapple (especially on pizza).
Some interesting facts:
- I tried rewriting the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song for this bio. It will happen some day.
- I’ve studied anthropology/archaology, web development, graphic design and library and information science. My “main qualification” though is a BA in classics.
- I jokingly claim that my degree means I am highly educated in the way of naughty/WTF that was weird stories.
- I made my first attempt at writing a novel back in 2000 (so I was thirteen and in my first year of high school). It was about a girl caught up in a vampire war but I never got past the third chapter. I’ve not stopped loving vampires since then, and have written one and a half other vampire books (even cannibalising a few little bits from that first idea to do so).
- I attended the same school as Anna Paquin, and even had one of her old textbooks for a subject.
- Languages I have studied include German, Latin, Maori and Mandarin.
- I own the first two Harry Potter books in Latin, and the first six in German.
- I have run around central Wellington in a Hobbit outfit at midnight. I regret nothing.